The organization of Technocracy Inc. was established as an effort to educate how best we can start to adapt to these new conditions.
Our genesis, the Technical Alliance, after years of research and analysis, brought forth five basic methods that would be required to advance our society to benefit all a life worth living, not just those with greater resources.
1. To survey the possibility of applying the achievements of science to social and industrial affairs.
2. To work out a design of completely coordinated production and distribution .
3. Production defined as manufacturing and furnishing of goods and services necessary to satisfy the wants/needs of its citizens in given standards of comfort.
4. Engineering estimates of production processes, i.e., material specifications, plant locations related to industries and distribution methods — estimates given in qualitative and quantitive terms of machine hours, pounds and cubic feet heat units etc.
5. To put the technical knowledge of the country at the service of the people so that society, industry, and the environment may be released from the present chaos imposed by rule of financial and political (lobbying) control.